Partner with us
Tourism has been a part of the Atherton Tablelands economy for a long time. This is due to the region’s scenic mountains, rainforest, lakes and waterfalls, its natural, geological and mining history, uniquely combined with outback landscapes to the west. The potential of our region centres on its attraction in other Queensland markets, its proximity to Cairns with its 2.2 million visitors, and the range of scenic attractions quite different to the coastal strip.
The visitor economy is much broader than ‘Tourism and Events’. It includes a wide range of businesses that benefit from the direct and indirect economic activity generated to provide goods and services to overnight and day visitors. Petrol stations, restaurants, cafes, newsagents, shopping centres, retail outlets – all benefit from visitor expenditure generated to support the local economy.
There is not a business, professional service or commercial operation within our region that does not ultimately receive some benefit contributed to the local economy by tourism.
Why be a member?
- Invest in the marketing and promotion of the Atherton Tablelands.
- The opportunity to be part of a pro-active regional business network promoting the local tourism community.
- Increased awareness, understanding and knowledge of projects and activities in the region through regular communications and functions.
- Collaborative marketing opoportunities to further promote your business.
- Marketing opportunities through the destination website, social media, Drive North Queensland and other key publications.
- The opportunity to harness the power of working collectively with other members of Tourism Atherton Tablelands.
- Acess to training, workshops, programs and other industry development initiatives.
It is in the interest of all those who benefit from tourism to participate in and contribute to effective promotion of the region and the planned management of its marketing activities.
Together with effective marketing initiatives, successful tourism requires positive attitudes and contributions from several groups. With our growing strong membership base members from various industry sectors we can work collaboratively and share the collective rewards of a successful and sustainable tourism industry.