The Atherton Tablelands offers a world-class mountain biking experience for visitors. Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park and Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park are significant draw cards for these visitors and many arrive without clear information as to how to access not only the parks but other iconic cycling trails.
The website www.tablelandstrails.com, developed and maintained by the region’s economic development body Tablelands Futures Corporation is a central resource for the community and visitors to obtain the information needed to visit the designated mountain parks, skills parks and other cycling trails.
- Trails website – www.tablelandstrails.com
- Encourage visitors to access Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park via the Atherton Trailhead and Skills Park at 1 Vernon Street, Atherton.
- Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park is well signed and accessed from the Kennedy Highway,approximately 13 klms from Mareeba
- Park Alerts are maintained by the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing and links to these alerts are on numerous pages of www.tablelandstrails.com
- There are a growing number of tour and bike hire operators to assist visitors to explore the trails and hire equipment.
- Mountain biking is an activity for all ages – not just for the serious riders. Review the trail grades to be familiar with which trails may be suited for the visitor. Link to trail grades
- Tropical North Queensland is attracting serious mountain bike riders who travel the world to experience iconic trails. These visitors are specifically looking for world-class trail infrastructure and accommodation that specifically caters for their equipment. This includes wash down facilities and lockable storage for their bikes. Operators are encouraged to invest in these mountain biking facilities to accommodate these specific visitors.
Tablelands Trails website is managed by Tablelands Futures Corporation. Work is underway to include resources and maps for other types of trails including walking; horse riding; 4WD; motor bikes etc.